To own and operate pubs that are at the heart of local communities.
“To be recognised as the most innovative, progressive, value-creating portfolio manager of pubs and properties in the UK”
- Respect - "Walk in each other’s shoes.”
- Service-led – “Think service first.”
- Innovative – “Stay ahead of the game”
- Collaborative – “Pull together.”
- Commercial – “Drive for results.”
- Ei Group – Helping entrepreneurial publicans thrive in local communities.
- Ei Group is the leading operator of and investor in leased and tenanted pubs in the UK, with our publicans serving communities up and down the country.
- Ei Group is built on the strength and scale of its leased and tenanted pubs operation (EIPP), coupled with a rapidly growing managed pub operation
- Our scale and our expertise allows us to support, invest in and add value to pubs throughout England and Wales
- We have invested over £250m in our pubs over the last five years
- Circa 51,000 pubs in the UK (source BBPA statistics).
- 27,000 leased and tenanted pubs.
- Over 4,400 Ei Group pubs.
- Over 15 million people in the UK visit a pub at least once a week.
- We are a key operator in one of the UK economy’s largest sectors
o The beer and pub industry contributes £23.1bn to the British economy each year and employs almost 900,000 people
o Investment in the industry has increased 66% in recent years, up from £1.2bn in 2015 to £2bn in 2016
o The industry contributes £12.6bn in tax each year (Source: BBPA)
- Nearly half of those employed by pubs are under the age of 25, with the industry doing its part to fight the problem of youth unemployment.
- We directly employ over 1,800 people, but in turn, our c.4,400 pubs employ many more thousands of people across the country
o C. 50% of these jobs are in the Midlands and North of England
o We provide vital on-the-job training with nationally recognised qualifications to those looking for a sustainable career in the industry
Our overall strategic objective is to optimise value creation for every asset in our portfolio to drive returns to shareholders.
- Ei Publican Partnerships – Reinvigorated leased and tenanted
- Ei Commercial Properties
- Ei Managed Operations (Craft Union Pub Company & Bermondsey Pub Company)
- Ei Managed Investments - Partnering with highly experienced pub operators
- Ei Group has a diverse portfolio of pubs, ranging from high street to country locations.
- We have the widest product range available to publicans in the industry, from international brands to local microbrewery beers.
- We offer a choice of flexible agreements.
- Our publicans benefit from the business development support of a Regional Manager, backed by central services such as training, marketing and property.
- We aim to provide our stakeholders with sustainable growth in like-for-like net income across our estate. We focus on four key differentiating activities:
- Enhancing the quality of our estate. Attracting and retaining the right publicans. Selling in smarter ways to optimise our and our publicans' income and providing our publicans with exceptional support.
- We make running a pub business accessible to many people where purchasing the freehold for a site is not an option.
- An Ei Group lease or tenancy will promote an entrepreneurial pub business run with autonomy and pride by the publican.
- We run Beacon 'managed tenancy' agreements where we get much more involved with our publicans operational decision, retail offerings and retail standards.
- We currently run a small number of managed houses. They are split across three retail styles: community wet led, family dining and food led pubs.
- We run a Managed expert partnership with a number of experienced industry operators.
- We run a Commercial property business to ensure we realise the greatest value from each of our property assets.
The Clink Charity
Ei Group has strengthened its social responsibility efforts across the wider sector through a corporate partnership with The Clink, the charity which aims to reduce reoffending by training and qualifying prisoners for employment as chefs in the hospitality sector upon release.
The partnership clearly demonstrates Ei Group’s focus on promoting hospitality as a career of choice and transforming lives through providing individuals from all backgrounds opportunities that can lead to meaningful employment. Skilled labour in the hospitality sector remains a concern with chefs singled out as remaining in demand.
The Clink currently trains up to 200 prisoners a day to gain their Level 2 NVQs in Food Service, Food Preparation, Food Hygiene and Horticulture. It operates four training restaurants in partnership with Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service, along with a training kitchen, gardens, a café and an events catering business.